Monday, June 22, 2009

HOORAY FOR NEW YORK!!!!!

Well, I’ve given up my day-to-day posts of our trip. I have a life, and I need to blog about that too! So, here are some of my favorite pictures of NY. There are just too many to post all of them. Sorry, this post has to be long, but please don’t let that keep you from commenting! Enjoy!
We got a little wet on the ferry. And almost everywhere else! The days we were in New York it rained almost constantly, but our Washington D.C. days were HOT as all get out.

This is our family. We adopted Ashli, you know.
The view from the ferry to the Statue of Liberty and Eilis Island. We didn't get off at the Statue of Liberty, but we took pictures from the ferry. Eilis Island was amazing. I didn't think it was going to be that big of a deal, but it was WAY worth seeing.
You know you're in China Town when the Verizon Wireless ads are in Chinese!
Gotta have a picture of the hot dog stand, right?
Mary Poppins was one of the two Broadway plays we saw. Even though we saw it from the second row and it was a little neck tiring, it was awesome. If you ever get a chance to see a play like this, take it.
The group that went on the 3rd day in New York:Me, Ashli, Tanner, my mom, Marilyn's friend Eileen, and Official Tour Guide Marilyn.
One of my have-to's in New York. Who can leave that place feeling complete without sitting on a bench in Central Park? I mean really? :)
Another one of my have-to's was to ride on a subway. Whew, did I get that one! We rode a ton of subways, and I was happy. On our last day there, Tanner decided that one of his dreams was to get a picture like this, with the subway blurry behind him and him in focus. Weird kid.
When I heard everyone talking about "The Top of The Rock" I was VERY confused. That it how sheltered I am. I thought maybe we were going to a shore to stand on the top of a rock? I felt dumb when I found out it was the top of the Rockefeller Center. It was awesome, after I found out what it was!

3 comments:

Micah and Shannon said...

very cool pic's looks like lots of fun. Micah, and shan

The Perkins Family said...

Looks like you're trip was fun. Hope you are enjoying sunny California. We miss you here and Halle does too. She asks all the time if Kearis is coming to watch her. Thought that would brighten your day!

The Georges said...

Hey you are doing a good job to at the end of it i just did a pic for every site! It is HARD work I tell you!!!!!
Ash
CANT wait to see YA!!!

Background

Leelou Blogs